iyap

BLOG CLOSED.

3 Sept 2006

 

National Youth Environment Forum(1)

Yesterday, i wasted my time. I attended the National Youth Environment Forum.

Morning
Morning, i woke up at 6am. As usual, i had my breakfast and took a shower. After my shower, i used my hair wax which i havent touched since like months. And guess what? It was hardened, probably someone opened it and frogot to close (not me). I dont know why, but who cares, i continued to apply to my hair. The more I applied, the worse my hair was. My hair became so sticky that i need to wash it. Arggghhh!! i wont use it again.

bus
There's a smell that stink the whole bus. Smell like porridge. Ha~ Then an elderly sat beside me. That time, i knew that i cant stand IT! I've gt the urge to vomit. I held my breath and turned my head from him. I think i breathe in 2-3 times only.

MRT
Nothing much happens, but the porrifge smell seem following me. Finally, i have reached city hall MRT, saw Li ming then Ani (coz they were tall) and then Xiu Jin and Yue Wen.

Walk to SMU
We didnt know how to walk to SMU so Li ming lead us the way. Honestly, i am only familiar with Singapore Poly only.

National Youth Environment Forum

We registered, waited, got our T-shirt. Then we were lead to the conference hall. CoOl! We took to upper row but were forced to come down... we waited (patiently)... The people were busying preparing their things that when the minister and the NGOs came in, the MC didnt even tell us to stand up. What the...? Ani told me it was rude of them not to tell us to stand. From this moment, i could tell National Youth Environment Forum would be a failure.

Then the minister addressed us and gave an opening to this event.

We had refreshment and looked at the exhibits. Then Xiu Jing told us she had a cold and needed to go home first. We went back to the conference hall to look at the presentations from the NGOs. As they are representing different organisation, something bad cropped up. One of the lady presented her experience in Tibet. She said in a very strong chinese accent "government's policy may not be correct.. blah.. blah... you can change it... even you are young... but it must be feasible... for example, you cant say that all the people from the world should change to vegetarian." WHAt??!! Everyone was shocked, some was laughing (including me). The vegetarian society was just sitting opposite them at the lower row seats. "Huh? what? Why is it funny?"she giggled. Perhaps, she didnt mean it.

After lunch, we were broken into different grps based on different topics... ...





<< Home

Archives

October 2004   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   April 2012  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]